As the owner and operator of Vscene, the only video collaboration platform designed for education and the public sector, Ajenta recognises these industries require quality assurance. Many depend on our video conferencing services to deliver education and vital services on a daily basis. As a result, Ajenta have created an integrated management system (PAS 99) made up of the following ISO Standards, which have been held since 2017, with annual recertification by an external body.
Successfully achieving the PAS 99 Quality Management System (QMS) is a milestone for any SME, however the fact this was achieved from scratch within a six-month period, emphasises our focus to provide quality assurance to our customers.
We have renamed our PAS99 documentation the “Ajenta Management System” and it has been formalised as an integral part of the way Ajenta operates as a business.
- ISO9001 – Quality Management System (QMS). Our ability to provide products and services that meet customer requirements.
- ISO14001 – Environmental Management System. Ensuring our company meets environmental performance standards.
- ISO23001 – Business Continuity Management System. Making sure we are robust and can continue working in the face of disruption.
- ISO27001 – Information Security Management System. We have created a framework of policies and procedures that ensure our information and security is controlled and meets legislation and technical requirements.
- BS OHSAS18001 – Health & Safety Management System. We provide a safe working environment for staff and customers.
Ajenta are Cyber Essentials accredited, which has been a requirement for all organisations working within the public sector since 2014. Furthermore, we have taken this to the next level by achieving Cyber Essentials PLUS, which includes both technical and security audits being carried out on our systems. Successfully certified the past two years, we will continue to achieve this annually.
Ajenta’s Vscene platform regularly handles personal and often sensitive information, so these accreditations safeguard our organisation against potential cyber-attacks by putting in place the protection required.
Finally, Ajenta is committed to working under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which took effect on 25th May 2018. Our Operations Manager, Jaclyn Marr (a Certified EU GDPR Practitioner) has implemented processes to ensure all staff conduct business in line with these regulations, including appropriate ways to handle and manage data.
Ajenta’s Chief Operating Officer, Gavin McKenzie, explains the importance of quality assurance:
“The accreditations that Ajenta have achieved and continue to hold year on year, clearly demonstrates that we take the data and security of our customers very seriously. Using these accreditations as a foundation, Ajenta have been and will continue to monitor internal systems and processes, in order to enhance the way that we operate; ultimately protecting our customers.”
If you have any questions regarding our integrated management system, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author: Sarah Brady
Sarah is our Marketing Manager who, responsible for creating and delivering engaging content and bringing customer journeys to life. Passionate about digital marketing Sarah drives results through innovative ideas.